Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Actress Lucy Liu Discriminates Filipinos.

     Hollywood actress Lucy Liu has been criticized for openly discriminating Filipinos because of their dark or brown skin. Liu was a guest in a talk show when the host asked her where she works out, indoor or outdoors to keep her body in shape. She responded that she runs in a treadmill indoors to avoid the sun or else she'll end up as dark complexioned as Filipinos and she doesn't want to be mistaken as a Filipino.

     Lucy Liu, although she is clearly Asian doesn't want to be mistaken as a Filipino. There is no problem with that but to degrade another race to promote yourself is really disgusting. Lucy Liu may think that she is beautiful, sexy and superior compared to Filipinos but I tend to disagree. She may be fair and slender but her eyes are defective, I believe it's what you call "crossed-eyed" or "squint-eyed" or "duling" in Tagalog. She should have her eyes checked and operated at the soonest possible time so that she can clearly see her defect the next time she looks at herself in a mirror.

     Lucy Liu is not that pretty, as a matted of fact, a lot of dark complexioned Filipinas look better than her. Liu became famous in the US because Americans liked her Asian looks since it makes her different with the usual white actresses. I hope it's not because of her crossed-eyes that she became well-known. Lol. Anyway, Filipinos shouldn't feel bad about her racist remarks now that the whole world knows that she's a racist bitch just like Frank Miller's girlfriend.

     I wonder what the African-Americans, the Hispanics, the Indians and other colored people will think about Lucy Liu after her racial comments. Maybe all dark skinned people should sue her ass for her bigoted statements and boycott all her shows and movies.

     *Update: Lucy Liu later apologized for her racist remarks/comments against the Filipinos. She said she never meant to degrade or demean any race or ethnicity. Okay, apology accepted. Let's all move on before we all end up crossed-eyed. Lol.

2 comments:

  1. Here we go again. Lucy Liu trying to scream the arrogance of her Chinese ancestry to the word. What she calls, "little Filipino" is half of me. I remember my father being belittled by my mother's Chinese side, while growing as a young man in the Philippines. Now, as a doctor, and very good at what I do, I detest my Mom's ancestry, that I wished she was never Chinese, even in an ounce of her blood. My father was an honorable man but he spent every once of his FILIPINO blood to send me to become a doctor. While my mother's Chinese side belittled us for years, now that every child in my family is more successful than their PURE Chinese siblings, they speak highly of my dad. I am a product of the Chinese arrogance and racial look-down on Filipinos and up to this time, it still hurts. As an Filipino- American, I teach my children NOT to be prejudice against others. Lucy's comments might sound ignorant but she does make herself sound like an "idiot" trying to use Filipino, or anyone, to make her point across. But thank you for the apology. It would have mattered more, if Lucy did NOT make the apology on general terms, "I would never hurt any ethnic group.?" Why not say..."Filipinos" who you specifically targeted, you idiot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I guess a lot of people think they are superior than others when they are really not.

    ReplyDelete