Pages

Friday, February 03, 2012

Soccer hooligans kill 20!

     Soccer fans in Egypt went crazy and rioted during a football match. Death toll is 20 and many more are injured. And I thought sport promotes camaraderie, friendship and solidarity among men. I guess I'm wrong, somehow crazy hooligans have bastardized the foremost aim sports. I think they should ban violent fans or violent groups from watching it live from the soccer field but then again you'll never know if a guy has violent tendencies until it's too late.

     It's a good thing that Pinoys are not so violent when it comes to sports, I think there have been no riots or violence during or after a basketball game or a boxing match. Most Filipinos are happy cheering and jeering at each other during these sport competitions, never did they go on riots in the arena or on the streets during or after the game.

     Is it because Pinoys are good natured and polite? I'm not sure but I hope it doesn't happen to us in the near future. I guess it's better to watch soccer matches on TV than in the field; at least you won't get stabbed, beaten up or shot at when a riot suddenly flares up. Yup, nothing beats a wide screen TV, lots of cold beer and good friends with you while a good game of sports is on broadcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment